Some things to be aware of:
- Class teachings and whole group discussions typically take place sitting in chairs in a circle of 15-20 people.
- The class is highly interactive and invites physical movement in a variety of ways.
- There are dyads and small group discussions.
- There are activities in which standing or walking is invited.
- There are invitations to somatic/kinesthetic awareness.
- Occasionally, groups of participants are invited to lead the whole class in activities.
- Short videos are used to deliver content and spark discussion.
- All activities are by invitation. We do our best to make activities work for all types of abilities.
Q. I have a physical disability. What can you tell me about physical access?
A. Our 8-week class is held in the wheelchair accessible Fireside Room, on the ground floor of Kehilla Community Synagogue. Please see Kehilla’s accessibility page for details about physical access.
Q. I am visually impaired. Can I still participate in the class?
A. Yes. However, the building does not include signage in braille. Also note that there are videos included in the curriculum.
Q. I am hearing impaired. Can I still participate in class?
A. Yes. However, we are unable to offer ASL interpretation at this time. Our videos do include closed captioning.
Q. Can I bring my service animal to class.
Q. Is there child care available.
A. Not at this time.
Q. Are there scholarships available.
A. Yes. There are a limited number of scholarships. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request one.
Q. I require an accommodation not mentioned above.
A. Please contact email@example.com to request other accommodations.